Any reference to "you" or "your", means you as a user of our website at wwwe.org ("Website"). Any reference to "we", "us" or "our" is to World Wide We Foundation C.I.C.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website (including, without limitation, forms relating to our services, events and when requesting newsletters).
- If you wish to attend a World Wide We event, we may request certain information about you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our funders and/or sponsors. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use "cookies" or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled "Cookies" below).
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Your personal information may be used by us to:
- Run our events;
- Monitor, develop and improve the Website, services and your experience;
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- Where you are a competition winner, to administer the competition and to publish or otherwise make available a list of winners.
Where and only where requested by you we will:
- Send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone or mail about existing and new content on the Website, our events and workshops or the World Wide We project generally; and/or
- Send you information by e-mail, telephone or mail about related content, events, workshops, products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can use the facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address below or write to us by mail to the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
COOKIES AND OTHER SUCH DEVICES
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website:
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use):
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content to match your preferred interests;
- Speed up searches; and/or
- Within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information to other parties as follows:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If World Wide We Foundation C.I.C or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- We may pass your personal information to our employees and agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- Some general statistical information about the Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying you; and
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to funders, partners and sponsors, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help funders, partners and sponsors understand the kind of audience we reach.
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above. Any promotional communications referred to in the section entitled "How do we use information about you?" is conducted by us on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to your data unless you yourself choose to contact them.
Always think carefully before disclosing your personal information or other information to other users of the Website or otherwise posting your personal information on the Website. It is important that you are aware that any of your personal information or other information which you disclose to another user may then be disclosed on the Website by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of the Website.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com.
We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office about our data processing activities under notification number [NUMBER].